Regular Contributor
cantgetahead

need a new vehicle YESTERDAY

i belong to a cu in my state and in the past was turned down for an auto loan, no big suprise my scores were awful. now i have a very low uti but i have outstanding doctor bills in collection will this prevent me from getting a loan with a credit score around 600?
Regular Contributor
heather76

Re: need a new vehicle YESTERDAY

YES...when my scores were mid-500s, I was told by my credit union that they would give me an auto loan if I paid down my balances and paid off collections, so it definately matters.
Nov 09: TU 644 EQ 665
Dec 09: TU 644 EQ 673
New Year: TU 658 EQ 673
New Contributor
Rocket

Re: need a new vehicle YESTERDAY

My EQ was 601 and I got approved for 30K @ 7.95% from my state CU. Had one active collection from a credit card company, and two small ones from hospital bills. About 900$ total in hospital stuff, 1600$ for the card. The rest of my derogs were all zero balanced and I had a year and a half of on time payments on my car and student loans.

It's worth a shot.
TU - 688 | EQ - 664

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+