Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new house, now need to replace my car soon :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

new house, now need to replace my car soon :(

My trusty old Saturn has decided to have a couple of major issues. Smiley Sad   intake manifold and now a knock in the engine.  At least she lasted to 210k!
So we will be in the market to get a car soon.  I was *hoping* to get one that had less than 100k miles on it for around $5000.  but it looks nearly impossible.  So if I went the new/used  car route, what are my chances?

I'm in FL which is a mostly EQ state
EQ 649
TU 664 
SL $29k to go monthly payment $212.
Mtg $167000 newly obtained 08/10 $1200.
AAOA 4 yrs
Recent lates 2 yrs ago
Inq:  14 (went on an app spree after house purchase. Bad I know, 6 of them were for CCs, rest were preapprovals/mtg/utilities)

My income $45k year $53k w bonuses
Combined total income with husband is $93k but we want it one one paycheck in case anything happens to an income

2 previous good and paid off car loans on my CR

Bal/CL (mine only)

barclay $518/$1000
Cap1 $1215/$3500.  4 lates/over 2 yrs old
Chevron $100/$450. PIF every month
Goodyear $250/$1000
NF1 $150/$5000      1 late over 2 yrs old
NF2 $1630/$2000
Target $102/$200 PIF every month
VS  0/$100.
Military Star clear, no longer reporting CL so no idea, I think it had a $1200/CL
AMEX $225. PIF every month

I know my util is a little high, so I will be paying it down here soon, but I'd like to know my chances now as it stands.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: new house, now need to replace my car soon :(

I would apply with NF, you already have 2 accounts with them, you should be fine to get an auto loan too.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll try them.  Do you or does anyone know what they like to see for DTI? I think at the moment mine is riding at 23%

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
IOBA
Senior Contributor

I don't know what it should be....but the more cash you bring to the table when closing on the loan, the better your chances of getting financed.   The lender will see that you have more invested in the deal.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.