Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

odds of approval

tag
tweetylove0405
Established Member

odds of approval

I currently have one auto loan and two student loans. There is nothing negative or late on my report. I have had my car for 10 months and would like to trade. When i got this car i was limited because i had limited credit. I was told by the dealership that as long as i am never late for 9 - 12 months i would have enough credit to get something else. At the time my score was 641. I'm not sure what it is now. My income is still the same. Should i have any problem getting a nicer car (newer year with low miles under warranty)?I want to trade and I will have 3000 for down payment
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dzaf562
Established Member

Re: odds of approval

Tweety, go to the dealer they will get you a car with your current score. Infiniti is having a sale now. They are getting rid of the 2013 g37 fast to make room for the Q50 coming this spring. I was approved at Infiniti lease 12k yr for 2013 g37 Journey sedan sport premium with navigation for 369 a month including tax with zero out of pocket. My score Auto beacon is 657 that's what the sales person showed me. I made 62k a yr and I have 3 baddies and BK chp 7 discharge last year.

Goodluck!

Message 2 of 4
lae_lae
Regular Contributor

From the information you gave I'm pretty sure your scores are higher and likely will get a better rate and the car you want.  If I was in your shoes, first figure the car you want, then call the car dealership and speak to the Finance dept, find out what CRA  they pull from, ask if it is a FICO or Auto-Enhanced FICO.  Once you figure what CRA they pull from, check your FICO score here (if its TU or Equifax), print it out, take it to the dealer; speak to someone in the Finance dept, show them your CR and FICO score(s) and see what kind of rate you would get.  They might be able to give you a rough estimate without doing a hard pull.

Message 3 of 4
tweetylove0405
Established Member

My income at the time was 16k. I pay 320 for 10k car. People say that they look at income versus payment amount I'm regards to how much you are approved for. My income is still the same and I have the money for the neg equity and money for down payment. With that being said.... even though i have good payment history with this auto loan, Would they look at my income and say no. Would 20k with the down payment be denied at lower rate and longer term? I still don't quite understand how this works.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.