sdvballron

Re: private party auto loan

applied through roadloans.com and was approved.... it's only for one of their approved dealerships. So just dinged my credit for no reason :smileysad: So pissed right now!!!!!!!

Revelate

[ Edited ]

sdvballron wrote:

applied through roadloans.com and was approved.... it's only for one of their approved dealerships. So just dinged my credit for no reason :smileysad: So pissed right now!!!!!!!

Mea Culpa on that.

To be fair though, you'll likely generate a lot of inquiries going through this process as you're going to need to talk to a number of lenders.  Any auto-loan related inquiry gets rolled up within a 30 day period under any modern version of the FICO algorithm to encourage people to shop around, so simply keep poking at lenders until you find one that will work you within that period.

Edit: technically it's two weeks for FICO '98 (rarely used anymore), 30 days for FICO '04 (very very common) and 45 days for FICO '08 (gaining traction in the market) for the inquiry roll-up, they'll still be listed individiually, but they will be scored as a single one.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 679, EQ 8 708, TU 711, EX 702* (07/14/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
sdvballron

Thank you Revelate

I'm going to make this happen haha

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+