Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

private party auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: private party auto loan

applied through roadloans.com and was approved.... it's only for one of their approved dealerships. So just dinged my credit for no reason Smiley Sad So pissed right now!!!!!!!

Message 11 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

applied through roadloans.com and was approved.... it's only for one of their approved dealerships. So just dinged my credit for no reason Smiley Sad So pissed right now!!!!!!!

Mea Culpa on that.

To be fair though, you'll likely generate a lot of inquiries going through this process as you're going to need to talk to a number of lenders.  Any auto-loan related inquiry gets rolled up within a 30 day period under any modern version of the FICO algorithm to encourage people to shop around, so simply keep poking at lenders until you find one that will work you within that period.

Edit: technically it's two weeks for FICO '98 (rarely used anymore), 30 days for FICO '04 (very very common) and 45 days for FICO '08 (gaining traction in the market) for the inquiry roll-up, they'll still be listed individiually, but they will be scored as a single one.

        
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Revelate

I'm going to make this happen haha

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.