cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick question about refinancing a car...

tag
happy99
Established Member

quick question about refinancing a car...

We just refi-ed both our cars today... one with Nasa CU and one with DCU. Both gave great rates and were super easy. I just paid the registration on one of them last month but the other one is due in Oct. I'm doing our budget for next month and I'm not sure if the registration will still be due or if it gets lumped into the refi like when you by a car. I've never refinanced before so I'm not sure. My guess is that it will be due at the same time. Anyone know?

I am on my tablet...Please do not judge me by my typos Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: quick question about refinancing a car...

@happy99 wrote:

We just refi-ed both our cars today... one with Nasa CU and one with DCU. Both gave great rates and were super easy. I just paid the registration on one of them last month but the other one is due in Oct. I'm doing our budget for next month and I'm not sure if the registration will still be due or if it gets lumped into the refi like when you by a car. I've never refinanced before so I'm not sure. My guess is that it will be due at the same time. Anyone know?

It may vary by state but I believe that you'll pay the registration separately from the refi.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
happy99
Established Member

Thanks . That's what I'm thinking too. I'm in Cali. I googled it and I can't seem to find the answer. Hopefully someone here who has refi-ed will know lol. I sent a message to the credit union to ask too.

Message 3 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'm in So Cal and refinanced a car from Chase to DCU.  Your car registration does not change due to the new lender and the fees are separate from the refi.

Message 4 of 5
happy99
Established Member

Great! Thanks so much!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.