Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: "18%"

Yeah, Going, I am not "going" to do that. I don't want to finance anything over what I have to. Roadloans has a minimum of $6000 and that's what I'm trying to finance. The repo falls off in 2011, I will have that gone and a paid off vehicle with a current car loan. I can wait 2 years, if I even want another car in 2 years, may just refi. The G6 is actually kinda hot! Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 1/2011 TU 539 EQ 481
Current Score: 2/2011 TU 542 EQ 489 EX 505
Goal Score: 620+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor

going2tdc wrote:
maybe financing a small amount would help your "car credit". Get some positive TL reporting, stay current, and go from there.

Hmmm..... I don't recall suggesting a huge ass loan. Sorry I couldn't help. 

Contributor

What are you talking about? No one said that you suggested getting a large loan. We agreed with you that would be foolish of me to do that with such a high interest rate.

Frequent Contributor

no worries! Im an idiot sometimes. I dont know if its just me, or if it is hard to tell where people are coming from over the net.
Contributor

Well Going! I finalized my car loan today got a cute little Mazda 6. 60 months term $220 a month. Used a financial calc. to figure out how to pay it off in 42 months, need to pay $280. So, that's what I'm gonna do. I must say I'm happy with my purchase. Thanks for all you guys input.   Smiley Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Going! If you dont mind me asking, what was the rate they gave you? Did you find a different lender? I also think you made a good choice over the G6. I almost bought the Speed6 about a year ago.

http://www.rsportscars.com/mazda/2007-mazda-mazdaspeed6/

The dealer would not come down to the price I wanted to pay, so I had to pass on it. I really liked it though.

Congrats!

Message Edited by going2tdc on 12-13-2008 12:08 PM
Message Edited by going2tdc on 12-13-2008 12:09 PM
New Contributor

Congrats!  The most important thing about the whole thing is that you are happy with the car no matter what you paid or the interest Smiley Happy ..... plus thats a great car ... we have sold a few of them and have had no problems with that model ..nice

kudos to you!  It only gets better!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, Going I didn't find a different lender. I still have the 18% interest rate for 5 years but I plan on paying it off in 3 to 3 1/2. Keeping it for 6 months to a year then getting what I really want. My credit will be up to par by then. Either paid off or fell off. And Cabar, you know, I hadn't even though about this car, until I got to the lot and saw it. I am happy with my purchase. It will serve it's purpose and I'll look good in it. Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by tri3nity on 12-13-2008 07:36 PM

Frequent Contributor

Thats exactly how I ended up in my current vehicle. I was at a lot and it was in the pre-owned section. I never gave any thought to buying that model prior! I was happy with the deal because it was the most features/bang for a cheap buck.

Don't sweat the 18%.  I had to sign on the same rate, but I was able to refi 5 months later for 13%. Lowered my payments by $50 a month.7 months after that, I got 9%. I know this was about 8 months ago, but I still think you could do something like it if you can stay current. So congrats and good luck! I think signing a commitment like this is stressful, I have paid cash every since my repo, but eventually we need to get re-established though. ok enough babbling!

Contributor

So, 6 months from now you think I could refinance so soon? Even with the repo on my credit? It doesn't fall off for a couple of years.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.