Bjamin1884

"Fair credit", should wife cosign lease anyway?

It's time for me to get a new car. I would ideally like to lease. I'm still waiting for some 5- 6 year old baddies to fall off my report (can't wait!)- they have really stung me. Made some dumb mistakes out of college. My score hovers around 640 now but I make a good salary ($85k)- making payments won't be an issue. My wife has much better credit and an income of around $55k. Should I just automatically have my wife cosign on the lease to get a better rate- I know some dealerships won't even consider me for a lease with a fico in the mid 600's.
pizzadude

Re: "Fair credit", should wife cosign lease anyway?

Do you and her generally keep your credit separated, or have you jointly applied in the past for loans or credit cards ?    People have differing opinions on which approach works better, but in general if you and her are on the same page financially then it should be good IMO.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}