Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refinanced auto....4x too much?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

refinanced auto....4x too much?

as my score and credit keeps improving, i continue to get refi offers that i keep for short periods and switch to another lender....my question is how does this look to lenders?  does continuing to refi for better APR hurt my FICO?

capitol one 18.9% 13 months
HSBC         13.9%   9 months
NFCU           7.8%   2 months
ALLIENTCU  5.5%   considering the offer

thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: refinanced auto....4x too much?

4x is a bit much - esp if you have a thin credit file and with refi you are opening a new TL (reducing overall credit age) and getting a new INQ with each new offer. But, if the interest savings are significant then I would go for it...unless, you are looking to buy a house in the next 12 months.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd stay with the four credit cards you have and stop. Everytime your doing balance transfers Im sure your paying that 3% fee as well. Well except NFCU, I love them!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure it's hurts your credit per se, but it does kinda look funny if lenders take a real deep look into your credit. But most of all you are paying interest first on all of these loans. I would watch how much your principal is going down each time. You could end up paying more because you switch so much and never get to the point of paying down the actual balance. Best of luck!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

kate82,

good point, i think i will stick with NFCU, and make a few principal payments....thanks
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.