cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

salvage title loan?

Established Contributor

salvage title loan?

I found an SUV that solves a lot of my car issues. Its good on gas, would lower my monthly payment by $120 and is 2011 w 16k miles, so I would hope to not have many repairs.

The only issue is that its a salvage/rebuilt car. I bought a salvage car about 8 years ago, and it was the best car I had ever owned. So I'm comfortable doing so again. However last time I paid cash, this time I would need financing.

Is there any suggestions for doing so? are there lenders that deal with salvage/rebuilt lending?

Any advice is greatly appreciated as Im pretty new to this whole thing, and nervous.

thanks

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: salvage title loan?

Find out why it was salvage and rebuilt. Have the SUV inspected also. It seems like a pretty bad wreck to total out a 2011 w/ 16k miles on it. Or it could be a Sandy car that was flooded to all getout. If that is the case, do not buy that car.

Message 2 of 3
Established Contributor

Re: salvage title loan?

bahbahd wrote:

Find out why it was salvage and rebuilt. Have the SUV inspected also. It seems like a pretty bad wreck to total out a 2011 w/ 16k miles on it. Or it could be a Sandy car that was flooded to all getout. If that is the case, do not buy that car.

I've decided against it. After talking with them I found out it was flooded and didnt want any of that. My last car was in an accident then rebuilt, and it was great, but I dont want to mess with flooding. My father in-law is a mechanic and said he would inspect it, but once I found that out I said nooooo.

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 3 of 3