New Visitor
emike24

score of 590, should i co-borrow?

my daughter's looking into refinancing her car to possibly get a lower interest but she actually has a better score than me, which is about 700 from all three. she's only had her current auto loan with wachovia since march, and she's joined a credit union recently. would i actually hurt her chances of getting approved for a refinance because of my score, or would i make a positive impact instead due to my stable and higher salary?
Valued Contributor
1111mel

Re: score of 590, should i co-borrow?

If her scores are over 700 she will qualify for a refi without any problems. Her salary qualified her for the original monthly payment amount and most likely the new refi monthly payment will be less.

A 590 score as a co-signer wouldn't do anything to help.
Mortgage Lenders Mid-Score 778 I AM A HOMEOWNER!!!!! 30 Year 5% Fixed Rate, closed on 3/18/09

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+