Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

small loan poop car or new car big loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

small loan poop car or new car big loan

what would be best to improve my score?

I do need a new car the one i have now was paid in full at time of purchase but its approaching the end of its life and need to decide soon.

a used car 10k ish that i can pay off quickly

a new car 30-40k ish that will take 72 months to pay off?

I would like to purchase a house or at least be in a good position to do so, im self employed but I put myself on payroll so i get a W2 Smiley Happy

I also would like to get a LOC for my business going for extra inventory and if we get in a cash flow crunch.

any suggestions?

FICO is 654

EQ-635 (pulled score from bureau)

TU-763 (pulled score from bureau)

EX-705 (pulled score from bureau)

2-9% utilization

authorized user on a account thats been open for 15 years and 17.50k limit

secured credit line of 2.5k personal

capital one unsecured line $300

bank unsecured/co-signed CC $500

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
rosegardener
Established Member

Re: small loan poop car or new car big loan

How soon are you planning to do the house?  I do believe that there is a six month window of No-no with credit apps before a mortgage. 

If you are planning to do it in a year or so I would opt for the 10k car, assuming its reliable and wont cost the earth to maintain.  Quickly paid off tradeline and less DTI impact

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Score: 702 (Discover approval 08/03)
Goal: 800 Club
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry for not being specific i would say at least 1 year out. but sounds like a plan would this hurt my credit once that auto loan payment fell off?

Message 3 of 7
rosegardener
Established Member

Positive account information reports for 10 years, baddies with a few exceptions hang around for 7.

So, no, as long as you paid it well it would not hurt your credit at all.  At a year out the inquiry wouldn't factor into scoring either (it would still be on there and viewable by lenders but not affecting your score anymore)

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Score: 702 (Discover approval 08/03)
Goal: 800 Club
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

what would be best to improve my score?

I do need a new car the one i have now was paid in full at time of purchase but its approaching the end of its life and need to decide soon.

a used car 10k ish that i can pay off quickly

a new car 30-40k ish that will take 72 months to pay off?

I would like to purchase a house or at least be in a good position to do so, im self employed but I put myself on payroll so i get a W2 Smiley Happy

I also would like to get a LOC for my business going for extra inventory and if we get in a cash flow crunch.

any suggestions?

FICO is 654

EQ-635 (pulled score from bureau)

TU-763 (pulled score from bureau)

EX-705 (pulled score from bureau)

2-9% utilization

authorized user on a account thats been open for 15 years and 17.50k limit

secured credit line of 2.5k personal

capital one unsecured line $300

bank unsecured/co-signed CC $500

I am planning to buy new car in a months times once I pay off my no-interest CC. The reason for buying new car is my old car is on last leg and secondly I am planning to buy a house in about 2 years time so that all the loss is restored in that time and credit clears out. I would go for new car only since I would be driving this till it dies off. My current car is 14 years old.

Message 5 of 7
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

im in the same boat. 

my car that ive had for four years (95 acura integra) 

is on its last limb. 

i bought it for 1200 cash and probably sunk in a good 4k extra. 

i have a about 2k for a down payment, not including my car. 

im looking into leasing but not sure with my credit report. 

i have no loan history since i bought the past 2 cars ive had with cash. 

all my cc has always been paid on time or pif. 

my scores are in my sig. 

i think i have about 2 1/2 weeks left on this car and im determined not to put anything in besides gas. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 6 of 7
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Look at something maybe new or preowned around the 12-19k range. They do exist and can be excellent cars. I bought a volvo s40 for 19k which had about 14k miles on it. Now it has 105k miles... no major issues. Ive only paid for preventative maintenance and tires. I was much happier in that purchase than I would have been with either a POS beater or a new luxury car with a pricey note. Companies with good lease programs such as volvo; acura; maybe even bmw might give you a good value for your dollar on a pre owned vehicle while still making you feel as if you didn't settle for poop. If you buy poop now you may be eating it later on down the road.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.