Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

state farm and nationwide bank auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

state farm and nationwide bank auto loan

I'm trying to get a 2002 camaro z28 it's being sold for 7000 dollars it's in great condition and being sold from Craig's list. I'm applying for a 5800 loan. Does state farm or nationwide have car age limits? Wells Fargo denied me because the car has to be 2007 or newer.does anyone know of any places that doesn't have a car age limit?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: state farm and nationwide bank auto loan

I don't know of any banks that would finance a car that old.  If it was at a used car dealer they would possibly know where to finance it through

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You think I can call used car places and they would let me know even if I'm not buying from them?
Message 3 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
You think I can call used car places and they would let me know even if I'm not buying from them?

No.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't make 1800 a month and I feel that's why I'm mostly getting denied even with a co signer. Because I tried using Ford's first car buyer program and it requires the primary signer to make at least 1800 a month. my credit is a year young and I make payments on time but my credit utilization is high (95%) I'm working on it now though. My co signers credit isn't that great I think worse then mine but she makes 3000 a month.do you think if I made her a primary signer I'd have a better chance to get approved?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love cars... a 02 Z28 has the LS motor in it and is alot of car for the money and a solid platform heavily supported for mods. I get it...

But her is what I think you should do.

Give more info, your income, scores and a brief description of your reports.

Without that info a shot in the dark...

Credit union is your best shot.

Although the camaro is sweet and a good deal, it would be easier to get a higher dollar amout loan at lower interest with your new credit file on a newer car. There are alot of great cars out there from 2012 to 2014 for $11K+

That wont be as cool but will help you get to the point where you can buy what ever you want, and you will have a newer car!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love them too!it's hard for me to settle for another car,but the camaro I'm looking at is 02 z28 with 80,000 miles.My credit score is about 670 and I make about 8000 more or less. Co signer score is about 615 and makes about 36000 a year. The thing I'm having about getting a newer car for 11k+ is I'm not really trying to have car payments for the whole time in college and I'm trying to pay the car off in like a year and a half or two years tops. That's why I'm not pursuing a newer car really.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yha, you are going to be under the minimum income guielines by yourself pretty much everywhere. A newer, suckier but a better investment in the banks eyes is going to be easier to finace. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.