cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck with old lease.. what are my options?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

stuck with old lease.. what are my options?

so i finally got approved with a credit union.. fico:619, 7.5% apr, not including some discounts for being a recent grad and using automatic payments from the credit union account.

hit yet another bump in the road.. which is actually the original bump in the road:  the lease that i currently have that i'm trying to get rid of, but cant.

it's over mileage (16,000mi) and in fair condition (cracked windshield, one mismatched tire, evidence of window getting broken into).. it will cost me thousands to return it.  tried to avoid paying the end of lease bill by trying to trade it in today, but according to the appraisal, it would cost at least $7,000+  in negative equity and more fees to roll over into the new car, which the financing company will probably not do.  

i really need to downsize my car, but i cant get rid of this Accord.  Do I have any other options besides buying it??  I hated this car the second I got it (sneaky car salesman, uninformed buyer) and i hate it even more now...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: stuck with old lease.. what are my options?

Nope, thats the big downside of a lease.  Your best bet is to buy it if you can, and sell it on the street.  If you have the out of pocket money to clear yourself of the lease, then that could work.  If you don't follow a lease agreement to the T or don't buy the car in the end, it can get very expensive.

My 2 cents, buy it and drive it, or buy it and sell it

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.