Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tier 2 financing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

tier 2 financing

Hi.  I am currently trying to lease a new car and I think the dealer is using chase financial.  The system immediately put me at tier 2.  The dealer wouldn't tell me my credit score but I think it is about 723.  Do you know how bad the financing is ad tier 2?  The dealer won't call me back and I am starting to get concerned?

Also, we tried to put my wife on first but she got tier 2 and had no income.  They then added me on to the lease but we are still at tier 2.  Both are credit scores should be in the low 700's.  Is it worth leaving my wife on the loan or should I remove her to have less debt on her credit report.  We have 3 mortgages and tons of credit cards so I think her credit mix will be o.k.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: tier 2 financing

tier 2 is actually good. i got approved thru mazda credit as a tier 3.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Her mix doesn't need it and it would lower her average age so there is no need to put her on the loan. Unless it tanked her average age it likely wouldn't effect her very much, 10-15 points that would be recouped in time because utility on installment debt isn't factored heavily.
Message 3 of 6
MattH
Senior Contributor

drmike0422 wrote:...The system immediately put me at tier 2. The dealer wouldn't tell me my credit score but I think it is about 723...

Hmm, according to several threads with most auto lenders 720+ means tier 1, though I've read a few lenders now have a "tier 0" for 730+ scores. However, these are based on the "Auto-Enhanced" FICO scores which cannot be obtained directly by consumers (the scores we get on myfico are the flavor of FICO that mortgage lenders typically use). Some auto dealers will tell people their auto-enhanced scores, and posters here say usually they are quite close to what they pulled from myfico unless they have an auto-specific baddie, but if you've had a visit from the repo man I doubt you'd have a 723 score!

In any case, the scores I pull here fluctuate a little bit as for instance balances go up or down, so even with scores from the same source it's entirely possible to pull a 723 one day and a 719 the next. Also, when I pull mine from all three my Experian is usually over 800 while the other two are usually between 780 and 800, so it also depends which CRA the lender pulls. I recently paid off a Chase Auto Finance loan, and I've had a Chase credit card for years, and in my case they regularly do account review soft pulls on my Experian. On my Equifax Chase does "Promotional" pulls, which are a cheaper because they don't get detailed histories, they just say something like, "give us a list of people in the following zipcodes with Fico scores of at least XXX" and get back a mailing list. I've never seen Chase pull my TU.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

We ended up putting my wife on the loan because they had already pulled credit and it didn't really matter one way or the other.  The dealer got us bumped up to tier 1 pricing so I didn't pursue finding out our exact credit scores.  It's entirely possible our scores fell to 719 or below. 
Message 5 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

So what are you buying?

When all is said and done visit this thread!

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 06-26-2008 09:47 AM
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.