Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to remove my auto loan from NFCU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

to remove my auto loan from NFCU?

so i have my auto loan with NFCU (had it since 07/04/2013) and it started at 9.29% then i refinanced it in april to 6.29%. my local credit union i have had since i was a young teen (09/11/2007) told me if i refinance my auto i should have an apr of around 4%

should i move it for 2%? and take it from NFCU?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: to remove my auto loan from NFCU?

@Anonymous wrote:
so i have my auto loan with NFCU (had it since 07/04/2013) and it started at 9.29% then i refinanced it in april to 6.29%. my local credit union i have had since i was a young teen (09/11/2007) told me if i refinance my auto i should have an apr of around 4%

Need more information.  What is your current payment and how many months left on the loan?  What would the payment and term be on the refi?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

um i have 4 years left or so. both credit unions will keep my duration the same. and payment went from $458 to $444 with the first refi
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

nvm.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
um i have 4 years left or so. both credit unions will keep my duration the same. and payment went from $458 to $444 with the first refi

You need to calculate the new payment with the lower APR before you can decide whether it's worth it or not

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

the dollar amount isn't necessarily what i am referring to. it'll be probably - $9-$12 difference. what i am wondering is is navy worth staying with...
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
the dollar amount isn't necessarily what i am referring to. it'll be probably - $9-$12 difference. what i am wondering is is navy worth staying with...

Of course staying with NFCU is important but I don't think you refinancing your auto loan with them will in any way jeopardize your relationship with them.  You'll still have an account with them

Message 7 of 9
Maddog_
Contributor

I would recommend staying with NFCU.  They are better to their members than just about any other bank or credit union from my experience.  It's not worth +- 2% at this point.  They have been good to you haven't they ?

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

maddog_ they've been okay to me i guess. capitol credit union has done me better up until i stopped using them. NFCU has its perks but they have been a hassle to deal with with my previous refinance. idk i like how easy it is to use their app. the other credit union doesn't even have an app and i hate that.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.