Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to get decent auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

trying to get decent auto loan

Recentley I have been trying to purchace a car. I dont have great credit high 500 low 600. But I have about 10yrs of auto loans and 2 yrs ago 2 30 days late, other than that all one time payments.I had one loan which was lease thru CU, One thru ford and my current loan. Why am I having such a hard time? I know my scores are low but I would think with good auto history I would have a better chance. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: trying to get decent auto loan

@Anonymous wrote:

Recentley I have been trying to purchace a car. I dont have great credit high 500 low 600. But I have about 10yrs of auto loans and 2 yrs ago 2 30 days late, other than that all one time payments.I had one loan which was lease thru CU, One thru ford and my current loan. Why am I having such a hard time? I know my scores are low but I would think with good auto history I would have a better chance. 

You scores are too low. They hit the level where you are "auto" declined. You may or may not have luck going through a dealership and trying to use a bank/finance company you have a good history with.

Down payment will help as well.

Other then that...you also have to take into account the entire economic climate has radically changed in the last ten years, the last three most especially. Banks are just more particular.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.