Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

used auto loan

tag
dollbebe1977
Established Member

used auto loan

what do you think my chances are of getting a used auto loan for around 12k, with a paid off 2006 honda civic as  a trade in. My scores are 594 TU, 512 EQ 598 EX ( fako from experian freecreditreport.com)

does anyone know of any lenders?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: used auto loan

What is on your credit report that is causing the low scores?

Score alone doesn't get you a loan.  The actual contents of the credit report are just as important.

What is your income?  How much down will you put?  How much is your car worth in trade in?

What other debt do you have?

Message 2 of 5
dollbebe1977
Established Member

my income is 55k, my 2006 honda civic is paid for so I hope to get a decent amount for a trade in. I have some old paid off collections and judgements that are making more score low. I do have a repossesion on my report from a car I co-singed for my ex husband too but there is no balance owed.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dollbebe1977 wrote:
my income is 55k, my 2006 honda civic is paid for so I hope to get a decent amount for a trade in. I have some old paid off collections and judgements that are making more score low. I do have a repossesion on my report from a car I co-singed for my ex husband too but there is no balance owed.

I am curious why you want to trade in a 'paid off' 2006 Honda Civic?  Seems like a dream to me....no car note Smiley Happy   Personally, I would throw as much cash as possible into savings and emergency until the car was ready to drop.  Then let the old paid derogs age and drop.  Then you can get great rates.....have plenty of cash to command your deal, pay cash if you want or a large down. 

Collecting interest as much as possible and avoiding the payment of it is the secret to accumulating wealth.  Just my little 'ole opinion Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
dollbebe1977
Established Member

I def do not want a car payment and love my little civic and it gets great gas mileage. The only reason I'm thinking of getting something new is because I'm having a baby in July and my car is a 2 door coupe.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.