cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who accepts personal checks to proof of income?

tag
murat
Contributor

who accepts personal checks to proof of income?

hi

i m just wondering some banks doesnt accepts personal checks as a proof of income.who accepts it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: who accepts personal checks to proof of income?

Are you saying that your employer pays you with a personal check? Can you show regular deposits to a bank account in the same amount from these checks. In most cases a bank or creditor is probably going to want to see your tax returns claiming your income. If you are being paid by personal check and not filing taxes on the income then your chances of obtaining credit are zero or less.

Forgive me if I misunderstood your question.Smiley Embarassed

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 4
murat
Contributor

last week me and my wife went to DCU to get a car loan.They asked her to proof her income and she is a babysitter and gets personal check.They didnt accept it.Her credit is not too bad but they still asked.

Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@murat wrote:

last week me and my wife went to DCU to get a car loan.They asked her to proof her income and she is a babysitter and gets personal check.They didnt accept it.Her credit is not too bad but they still asked.

Yes, if you borrrow money from a bank or a CU they are going to want to see proof of income. Proof of income includes tax returns and W-2's or 1099's. 

Sounds like your wife is not filing tax returns on her income. Why would the bank or CU give a loan to anyone if that person doesn't have the resources to repay the loan? If you can't prove you have income (you or your wife) then you don't have the resources to repay.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.