Contributor

who accepts personal checks to proof of income?

hi

i m just wondering some banks doesnt accepts personal checks as a proof of income.who accepts it?

Valued Contributor

Re: who accepts personal checks to proof of income?

Are you saying that your employer pays you with a personal check? Can you show regular deposits to a bank account in the same amount from these checks. In most cases a bank or creditor is probably going to want to see your tax returns claiming your income. If you are being paid by personal check and not filing taxes on the income then your chances of obtaining credit are zero or less.

Forgive me if I misunderstood your question.:smileyembarrassed:

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Contributor

last week me and my wife went to DCU to get a car loan.They asked her to proof her income and she is a babysitter and gets personal check.They didnt accept it.Her credit is not too bad but they still asked.

Community Leader
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

murat wrote:

last week me and my wife went to DCU to get a car loan.They asked her to proof her income and she is a babysitter and gets personal check.They didnt accept it.Her credit is not too bad but they still asked.

Yes, if you borrrow money from a bank or a CU they are going to want to see proof of income. Proof of income includes tax returns and W-2's or 1099's. 

Sounds like your wife is not filing tax returns on her income. Why would the bank or CU give a loan to anyone if that person doesn't have the resources to repay the loan? If you can't prove you have income (you or your wife) then you don't have the resources to repay.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.