Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

1 month post DC

[ Edited ]

Today is exactly 1 month and my Cap1 auto is now reporting (no score change) but today my Cap1 ($3k SL) reported and my scores jumped 26-30pts across the board. Still not sure why TU is lagging behind the others because they all report the same info, but this is awesome. Just one month post DC and already in the 650s!!

EQ-649
TU-611
EX-657

Just need to be patient and give it about 5 more months (let the BK age) and then I'm gonna be working on getting a good refi either from Penfed or a local CU.

1st statement cut with the Cap1 card, should I request it to be PC'd to the QS? Currently just the Plat MC no AF. I know I can't get a 2nd card with them until 6mos but I figured I could PC at 1mo and then request a CLI at 2mos and then go from there.

Thanks

**(1 month and 3 days since DC...it was the 10th not the 13th)

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 650 | TU 625 | EX 659

QS 3.3K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Valued Member

Re: 1 month post DC

Awesome! My TU is also a lot lower than my other 2 scores, but I'm thinking it's because my AAoA is over 3 years for EQ and EX, but TU is 2.7 years.
I would go ahead and try to PC. I was able to via online chat after I had my platinum a little over a month
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I tried chatting and going for the PC, but she said I didn't have any offers available. Prolly just needs more time. I went ahead and made my first payment which is not due until March 6.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Valued Contributor

I gave it another week and chatted again. This time I had the upgrade available. Got PC'd to the QS no AF.

BK discharged 1/10/17

New Contributor

Congrats. I am wondering what biggest difference between cards and if both have no annual fee why change? I am an anyday discharge and don't know where to begin.

Discharged 3/23/17
Fico 8 Scores 3/28/17
EX 606/TU 566/EQ 613
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

special111 wrote:

Congrats. I am wondering what biggest difference between cards and if both have no annual fee why change? I am an anyday discharge and don't know where to begin.

The Platinum card does not have any rewards Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
732 EQ FICO 06/2017
740 TU FICO 06/2017
735 EX FICO 06/2017
$20k NFCU Platinum | $25k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $6.6k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $14k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa
Valued Contributor

^exactly

I rather earn 1.5% cash back than nothing at all if I'm gonna be using the card to rebuild my credit profile.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.