Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 yr after discharge, accts still have balances

tag
vtskier
Valued Member

1 yr after discharge, accts still have balances

hi everyone!

I thought my dealings with bk were over but for some reason I decided to call the # for my old shell, exxon, sunoco, and citgo cards today. accoring to the automated system the accounts still have balances. before bk, they were sold to various collection agencies and after the bk posted the old tradelines for both the original accounts and the co's were deleted from all bureaus. my question is should i have the original accounts reflect $0 balances since they were included in bk via the collection agencies? I'm thinking I may never be able to get these accounts ever in the future b/c it looks like i already have accounts with balances. the bk was discharged 3-12. thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: 1 yr after discharge, accts still have balances

How are the accounts actually reporting on your report? That is where you should see $0 bal iibk

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 3
vtskier
Valued Member

Re: 1 yr after discharge, accts still have balances

none of the accounts report. the only way i found this out was because i still had the old cards and decided to call.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.