Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 mths after BK7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

10 mths after BK7

10 months after my discharge things definetly are looking up.  I originally opened a credit one card with a CL limit of $600(which I will close before the year end).  In May I recieved a Capital One Platinum and QS1 both with a $3000 limit.   I now converted both of those to Quicksilvers.  Now 10 months later I have the following cards.

1  Quicksilver MC $7000 limit

2.  Quicksilver MC $11500 limit

3.  Quicksilver Visa $5000 limit

4. Venture $15000 limit.

Capital One has been awesome.  Hope this gives someone hope in rebuilding.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 10 mths after BK7

Wow, that is awesome. I didn't think C1 would allow four cards. I seen individuals having two; but, four is awesome.
Message 2 of 9
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Wow, that's amazing - $38.5k total CLs just 10 months post BK7. Smiley Very Happy  I'm coming up on 5 years post BK7 in Jan and I only have $15k total CLs with them on 2 cards, QS10k & Spark biz 5k. And I can't get a freakin' CLI from them!  Tried the luv button twice now on QS, at 6 mos & 1 yr, and both times they say I don't have adequate usage on the card. Smiley Frustrated I've had it up over $1k during the intro 0%, but normally charge $500/mo., I spread my spending around between Cap One, Barclays & Discover. Looks like the way to get lovin' from Cap One is just to keep getting new cards. Their prequal does approve me for another QS or Venture, but I don't want Venture - I rarely fly and wouldn't use it. Well, I have a couple other cards I want to app for early next year, so I guess I'll stay content with the measly $15k from them. Smiley Wink

BTW, I tried Chat with a Cap One rep yesterday, he told me they can't manually review CLIs, it's a totally automated system.

Congrats on your excellent rebuild!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Cap1 has been good to us as well. We just past 1 year since filing. Looking forward to getting to 1 year post discharge.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicely done! I'm just getting started with Cap One so your success with them is inspiring.
Message 5 of 9
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats.  I love Capital One, they will always have a place in my wallet. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice CL's on these cards! *BUT* I'm drooling at your FICO scores!!!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

congrats.

FTR - Cap One will allow up to 5 accounts.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm 9 months post discharge and Cap 1 won't even approve me for a secured card. lol. I burned them for about $6,000 in Chap 7, so I don't blame them. I've become a synchrony/comenity bank whore. Also have a couple Barlcaycards and a credit card from my local credit union.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.