cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 years almost up from when I filed...now what?

tag
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Re: 10 years almost up from when I filed...now what?

@vada61 wrote:

Thanks everyone...I'm really excited to reach this milestone finally! Its been a hard lesson to learn but one I don't ever plan to go thru again.

Thanks much!

vada61

Congrats! I feel the same way about my BK. Taught me a lot (i found myFico and I am a better steward of my money) but never plan on doing that again.

If you are within 6 months, you can apply for early exclusion via TU. Just call them and they will usually drop it early. Experian drops it off about 3 months before it is due to fall off but you have to also give them a ring.

Congrats again. Can't wait to be there. It will certainly be one of the BEST days of my life.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The forums are heaven sent for sure Aussie! Its a wonderful feeling knowing that toxic relationship will end in divorce and officially disappear after 10 years (that's how I like to look at BK). Starting anew or continuing your financial journey onto sweet credit crunching bliss!

Do you have any plans vada61 on what your next steps are going to be once it officially falls off?

@aussiesareforever wrote:

@vada61 wrote:

Thanks everyone...I'm really excited to reach this milestone finally! Its been a hard lesson to learn but one I don't ever plan to go thru again.

Thanks much!

vada61

Congrats! I feel the same way about my BK. Taught me a lot (i found myFico and I am a better steward of my money) but never plan on doing that again.

If you are within 6 months, you can apply for early exclusion via TU. Just call them and they will usually drop it early. Experian drops it off about 3 months before it is due to fall off but you have to also give them a ring.

Congrats again. Can't wait to be there. It will certainly be one of the BEST days of my life.

Message 12 of 14
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@aussiesareforever wrote:

@vada61 wrote:

Thanks much!

vada61

+100

FWIW, I tried calling and asking for early exclusion from TU, and their CSRs said it wasn't possible. So, I submitted a dispute online and it came off within 24 hours. I'm set to call EX in December. 

EQ apparently will EE 1 month out, so I'll call them in February. 

Somehow, when it comes off...it's almost like a big weight is lifted from your shoulders. Now, my battle is fighting for the points that I have since lost once my car lease was paid off (gah!). 

Message 13 of 14
134Sparks
Valued Member

I'm, at 748 FICO with a BK due to fall off 2018

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.