Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st Post

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1st Post

Hi Everyone!

I have been lurking the boards since October 2015. I neede financial help and found a lot of information here. I filed for Ch7 in December. Was discharged in March 2016. I signed up for myfico 3B reporting.  I will be paying the monthly fee using a secured card I obtain from my CU. the CC ill will then be paid in full. Since the Ch7 discharge, my scores have gone up. (SEE sig) I know my EQ8 was 585 during December 2015  because it was pulled by the counselig agency. Not sure about the others. Anyways. I have an auto loan with GM the I re-affirmed. The current apr is 10.3%. I hoping I can get approved with CU for a lower rate refi. I will update later on that.  For now, I like to thank everyone here for all the information and advice made availble.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1st Post

Well, I got approved!!.. My scores have been on the rise (to the levels in my sig)Three months after Bk7 discharge. I decided to apply to refinance my GM Financial 10.3% loan with my local CU. I was approved at 5.4%!!.. This will cut 10 months off my original loan and will save me $3k in interest. I figure if I keep going this way, by next year I should be in the 700s and then I could get top tier rates. Will see!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice savings Congrats.  You gotta love the CUs. 

Message 3 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Wow congrats on the success your on the path to recovery!
Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update.... I was informed by my CU cust service that the credit check(HP) used for my auto loan was good for 30 days. I figure it would not hurt to try for a credit card. I was APPROVED for their platinum VISA with $500. Its a start plus I already have a secure card with them with $250!! Things are looking good!

Message 5 of 6
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Congrats and thanks for the update. Which CU are you with?
Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.