cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 years Post BK Need advice

tag
eearly824

2 years Post BK Need advice

i filed bankruptcy 2 years ago this month. My TU=621 EXP=573 EQ=636, pretty wide ranges. I bought a car and paid the 19% interest rate for a year before i traded in for a nicer car at 6% interest rate. The dealership paid off the first loan and within the last two years i have never been late on a car payment. But this car payment is the only line of credit i have. I have a credit card issued to me but it is my wife's credit card. (i just piggy back i guess is what it is called). I make good money as well as my wife.. We don't need more credit necessarily at this moment but our home and cell phones everything (except my car) is in her name. A lot of pressure... Any suggestions on what i should do next to build my credit so not everything falls on her...???

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Re: 2 years Post BK Need advice

Message 2 of 3
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: 2 years Post BK Need advice

@Countingpennies wrote:
Here's a good place to start:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/UPDATED-HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-...

+1

You're a bit behind the curve, but there's no reason you can't start that plan now... skip the part about the "Credit Builder Loan", your car payment covers that section.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.