Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 point dip on Experian - SYNCB/TOYSRUS reported post chapter 7 discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

20 point dip on Experian - SYNCB/TOYSRUS reported post chapter 7 discharge

I received an alert that my credit score dipped 20 points due to an account update, it was reported on 10/26 with a zero balance and  status as Chapter 7 Bankruptcy discharge.  I have my credit report from May showing that it was reporting as 0 balance with a status of Debt included or discharged through Bankruptcy Chapter 7, 11 , or 12.

Can they do this?  Do I have any recourse?  Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wahoojack13
New Contributor

Re: 20 point dip on Experian - SYNCB/TOYSRUS reported post chapter 7 discharge

This happened to me as well this week, as all mine were reported the same way and then all of a sudden it reported again. I am curious about this as well. Mine have been zero balances and now its being reported again? lol

Filed Chapter 7 09/02/2015 - 341 meeting 10/02/2015, Just patiently waiting until discharge so i can start start over!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me today, only it was a different Synchrony card (Amazon).

Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I am going to come out and just say it - I don't like Synchrony Bank.  They seem to play games with their reporting to the CRA's. My experience is when a balance is on the account they report immediately (seem to anyway) and if I pay it off they skip reporting for that month!  As a consequence I keep my balances for the Synchrony cards at zero except for one (its a Haverty's furniture account at zero interest so I have been carrying a balance for 6 months now). 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.