Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd BK considered after cancer diagnosis

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd BK considered after cancer diagnosis

I need some help here.  My husband and I filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy after a bad business venture and it was discharged 6 years ago.  We worked very hard at rebuilding our credit, were able to build a home and come back to financial stability rather quickly.  We learned from our previous errors and moved on...  Then two years ago I was diagnosed with cancer. I did have insurance, just not very good insurance.  I now have more than $25,000 in medical bills and am unemployed.  I'm at my wits end with this.  I am finally done with treatment, but will need one additional surgery yet this year and thankfully my deductible has been met.  Unfortunately, one income truly only allows us to pay for our home, cars and regular bills.  I can't afford the almost $1500 a month all these different medical bills are requesting I pay.  I have been searching for work, but have had no luck so far.  I can't stop crying.  It's almost the end of the month and my October house payment has yet to be made and I know there is a real possiblity it might be a month late and that will be literally the first 30 day late payment I have made on anything in 6 full years.  

I've been at the computer all morning crying just trying to figure out what we can do. Now I am back here again looking to see what to do or if anyone has any other suggestions.  I know we can't file for chapter 7 again, but saw that chapter 13 is possible.  Would anyone even consider this option?  Or does anyone have any other suggestions?  We are maxed out on everything.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
indecison
Regular Contributor

Re: 2nd BK considered after cancer diagnosis

First of all I am sorry you are going through this and wish you nothing but good will in a full recovery. I honestly think your best course of action is to seek the help of an attorney in your area. They will have the best answers for you in this situation. I think that if you contact an attorney today you will at least have some answers. The last thing you need to do right now is stress over this and contacting someone that can truly answer your questions will help relieve you. Even if you are in full remission right now stress is the last thing you need as you need to insure you stay healthy first and foremost.

I wish you luck and good health!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.