Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day after bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 day after bankruptcy

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what to do. We filed bankruptcy after our twins were born in 2004 because we unexpectedly got pregnant on the pill and couldnt pay the cost of child care for me to work. We were doing great improving our credit scores until I accidentally paid my husbands credit card 30 days late when he was in Northern California fighting the wildfires. I got locked out of his online account and couldnt pay the bill. We were also in the process of moving when he got dispatched so the credit card statement was never received. I dont know what to do. Capital one is being a pain in the butt about removing it and now I cant get a home loan with a 30 day late after bankruptcy.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 30 day after bankruptcy

How long ago was the 30 day late? What is your income? Where are you looking to buy? What kind of credit do you have aside from that one incident?

When you say Crap1 is being a pain, I assume that means you've asked them for a goodwill delete of the late payment? If so, who did you contact and how?

Message Edited by deemac on 03-08-2009 12:18 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 30 day after bankruptcy

THe 30 day late was in August. Our income, before taxes is 5300/mth. Our bills, including 1000/mth rent right now only total 1800. We have a VA home loan as my husband was in the marines. I called Crap One several times and one girl said that she refunded the late fee and in 8 to ten days I would receive a letter verifying that. If true, I should receive it this wednesday. My lender asked me if they could fax it, so I called again and everyone is telling me that it is against the law to remove it, which I know isnt true, and I can file a dispute with the credit bureaus. I dont know. I have sent 4 letters now, did two online messages to the cc company and called several times. THe calls are to no avail and havent heard back yet from the letters. THey did refund the late charge though. Besides the bankruptcy and the one 30 day late, our two credits combined are great. We have since paid off two cars and are paying faithfully on a third, with absolutely no late pmts.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.