Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 Meeting.....DONE! Now we wait.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

341 Meeting.....DONE! Now we wait.

We had our 341 meeting last week and it was incredibly easy.   After swearing in, you're asked a series of yes no questions.  The trustee had no further questions for us and sent us on our way.  The actual face to face with the trustee lasted about 3 minutes.  We waited through everyone elses meeting though which was about an hour.  Already seeing positives on the credit score and I've started the dispute process for items on our reports that aren't reporting correctly.  Discharge anticipated to land on 05/16/2016.  I can't wait to put this whole thing behind us and completely start over.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: 341 Meeting.....DONE! Now we wait.

Congrats, the major stress is over.  This was the hardest part for me, getting past the 341 hearing.  I was so nervous on that day.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually had to laugh when I got out of my 341 meeting.  My lawyer had made it sound like it would be an inqusition. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Now you can breathe and enjoy the time between the 341 and discharge. Start you rebuild plan. Good luck!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually had to laugh when I got out of my 341 meeting.  My lawyer had made it sound like it would be an inqusition. 

Mine too.  She prepped us and made sure we were all set.  Then we answered a few yes no questions and were sent on our way.  My wife and I were literally laughing on our way to the car.  Then we went out to lunch and just took the rest of the day off.  May 16th can't come fast enough.

Message 5 of 6
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

It just gets better

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Life-is-Good-After-Bankruptcy-7-Keep-the-Course-Keep-the-...

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.