Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 Meeting and required documents?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

341 Meeting and required documents?

I've been a visitor to these forums for awhile! I was searching for "341 meeting" to read experiences and everyone mentions "required documents". My 341 meeting is on 9/12. I received a letter from the trustee asking me to mail him copies of everything I filed, because he doesn't get a copy of them (?), and my tax return. I sent this to him and he received it on 8/31. I have heard nothing else from the trustee or courts about bringing certain documents. Is this something I should be worried about? Should I call the courts to see what I need? 

I'm going to bring all the paystubs that I can find with me just in case but now I'm concerned. Did you receive a letter in the mail telling you what to bring with you?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: 341 Meeting and required documents?

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been a visitor to these forums for awhile! I was searching for "341 meeting" to read experiences and everyone mentions "required documents". My 341 meeting is on 9/12. I received a letter from the trustee asking me to mail him copies of everything I filed, because he doesn't get a copy of them (?), and my tax return. I sent this to him and he received it on 8/31. I have heard nothing else from the trustee or courts about bringing certain documents. Is this something I should be worried about? Should I call the courts to see what I need? 

I'm going to bring all the paystubs that I can find with me just in case but now I'm concerned. Did you receive a letter in the mail telling you what to bring with you?

Are you filing pro se, without an attorney? Because your attorney should advise you what all you need to bring, but so should the Trustee.And the Trustee most certainly should get copies of everything you filed, that's their job.But remember the Trustee has a fiduciary responsibility to the creditors to get anything they can for them, the Trustee is not on your side.

To be on the safe side bring ID: Social Security card, birth certificate, and government issued photo ID. Also bring 2 most recent pay stubs & most recent bank statements. I don't think I had to bring all that, my BK was in 2010 so foggy memory, but again this is to be on the safe side.

Message 2 of 7
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

I had my 341 meeting on 7/26 and I was told to bring my current year taxes and my bank statements from the time of filing. My trustee wanted to see what I had in the bank when I filed. I also needed to bring my social security card. My attorney provided them to her two days before the meeting but I still had the copies with me just in case.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Villi,

I had my 341 Hearing on 7/20/17 but a few weeks before that, my attorney asked me for my most recent bank statements to turn over to my Trustee.  Other than that, I did not receive a letter from anyone requesting anything else.  Additionally, I would like to add that it is normal for the Trustee to request additional documents to review before the hearing but for the most part, your atttorney should have turned over everything else.  

I really hope your hearing goes smoothly.  I was a nervous wreck in the days before but it was all for naught.  I was the 3rd case called up and the 3 questions asked were things like, "Did you file your 2016 taxes?".  The entire ordeal lasted about 5 minutes - if that.  Oh, but definitely bring a picture ID and your SS Card.  If your hearing is in a court house, you may not be able to bring your phone but mine was in the local Federal Building and they were allowed.  

Hope this info helps.  Good Luck!!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a nervous person :-), so I brought a second copy of every dang thing I had ever handed over to my attorney along with me to my 341. The trustee didn't ask for any of it. All they wanted to see was my Soc Sec card (original) and DL, my right hand raised and my honest answers to her questions. 

As previous poster said, if you filed without an attorney, then things are different. You are required to file certain documents with the court, in a certain order/on certain dates. I can't help you with that in much detail, but you can certainly do some searching. If you have an attorney though, your attorney should be taking care of this for you.

Message 5 of 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Yes, the trustee wants to see the original SS card. They already have a copy from your filing if your attornery is on top of it.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to thank everyone who responded! I am not filing with an attorney. I wanted to do that but I had a wage garnishment that started right after my bank account was garnished so it was impossible for me to save up the funds to afford an attorney. The internet was a GREAT help with completing the forms and I feel confident about the paperwork that I completed. My case was fairly simple because I don't own a business, house, vehicle, or any sort of property.

So, just to be on the safe side I will bring bank statements from May, the last 2 years tax returns, and as many paystubs as I can gather, and my SS card..

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.