Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 Meeting this afternoon & rebuilding questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

341 Meeting this afternoon & rebuilding questions

My meeting is today and while I'm not too nervous about it, I'm nervous about finding the right building in my city and finding a parking spot...  

I just signed up for an account for credit check total and disputed 1 account that wasn't showing IIB on all 3 reports.  Everything else seems good.  My scores via them are 580/573/608.  Are these scores pretty accurate as to what creditors would see?  Can I apply for a credit card after my 341 but before discharge to start rebuilding or do I have to wait?  After this is all over I will still have reporting perfect payment histories--my mortgage, my small home equity loan and the remainder of my car lease.   

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 341 Meeting this afternoon & rebuilding questions

I was super nervous for my my meeting and got there super early.  My trustee's website had directions on it.  The meeting was super easy, for me at least.  Answered a few questions...in and out in 30 minutes and was signed up for my trustee's financial course.

On the scores, it depends on what credit type you are applying for (mortgage, auto, card, etc) will determine with fico model they look at.

As far as applying for anything, until you are discharged, you will have to get approval from your trustee.  I can't speak much about CH 7 since I am awaiting my discharge for my CH 13, but while in my CH 13, I got an auto loan and purchased furniture via rent to own places (yeah, over priced, but no credit check and they report to the credit bureau) and that's helped to raise my scores over the past 3.5 years since filing.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm currently waiting for discharge CH7, and my attorney stated I could obtain a secured credit card, but nothing else. My meeting lasted about 10 mins.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.  I managed to find the right building and where I needed to be.  The trustee was flying through the cases and he asked me about the same 6 questions he asked everyone else and that was it.  I was out of there 5 minutes after my scheduled time.  My lawyer said sometimes he was backed up an hour or more so we got lucky today.  

I have an account with Pacer.  Where exactly do I check to see if there has been any updates to my case in the next 60 or so days?  I see all the links like for status, documents, etc. but not sure exactly where i should be looking.  

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look under deadlines
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

As much as I know you are wanting to start rebuilding, I would wait until your discharge is complete. Use this time to breathe a little while before you get started. Good luck!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.