Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 Meeting yesterday.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

341 Meeting yesterday.

Hello everyone, first time posting here. Well my 341 meeting was yesterday. Everything went well, of course I was super nervous. Now prior to filing bankruptcy, my paycheck were garnished to the tune of 3100. Now from what I was told, I would not be able to get those funds back. Well during my meeting, the Trustee asked my lawyer why the amount of the garnishement not included in my petition and why was the "wildcard" exemption not used? So the Trustee asked me if I recieved the funds back and I said no. So he seemed a bit frustrated by my lawyer not filing the exemption and said he would do it. Then he advised a woman that was sitting next to him that a letter needs to be sent to the creditor. So the meeting eventually concluded and I walked out. Now I inquired about that situation with my lawyer and was told the Trustee was wrong but that could not be said. lol Well today I received an email from the law firm requesting the exact amount of my garnishement because the Trustee wanted it. So I wonder has anyone heard of a situation like this and is it possible that I may get that refunded? Thanks for any feedback.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 341 Meeting yesterday.

I was being garnished before my Ch.7 and I was able to get the most recent 90 days prior to filing back. I'm not sure why you wouldn't be eligible for the same. I was actually able to use the funds to pay my lawyer and still have a few dollars left over.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying...that is what I figured but I was not asked how much was paid 90 days prior, he wanted to know the total amount taken. Idk, wishful thinking that I will get it all back lol.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi monakia80,

I am still waiting for my 341 meeting date and I am so nervous !! I am happy to hear that everythingwent well with your recent 341 meeting. I am wondering if you have heard anything else from the attorney at this time. I have heard of people being able to get back any money that the court has collected from a garnishment as long as the payment has not been forwarded to the creditor. I certainly hope that you can get some of those funds back.

Good luck

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that would be great, I could definitely use it. I have reached out to my attorney but they have not heard anything yet.

I guess I just have to sit on my hands and be patient...lol. I've been checking Pacer like a mad woman and nothing has been updated. I see where others in my district that had the meeting on the same day/same court and there info is updated.

Maybe the Trustee is waiting to hear back from the creditor before the case can be updated. I don't know....I am just ready for my discharge...58 days to go.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.