Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 Today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

341 Today

Hi All!  I had my 341 meeting this morning and it went really well; I was done in less than 2 minutes. For those that are fretting over it the Trustee asked all of the questions that are on the "questionaire" ie Have you filed for BK protection before? Did you read all of your papers? etc. Then I was done!  

My attorney said that since I dont have to go back, I can begin my rebuild: after I got home this morning I went and filed online disputes on all three bureaus for BK included accounts to reflect $0 and Included in BK. I also sought out the Cap One PreQual tool and was given the option for the Quicksilver and the Platinum. I applied and was approved for a SL $500. Its not much but I was just chuffed that I had an instant approval. This is my first step towards rebuilding my financial profile and Im so unbelievably happy right now!

Next is aging my new CU checking account so I can qualify for a credit builder loan and card in 90 days time (want to try for both at the same time so I dont waste a pull; if I am denied for one or the other, I will then get a second card with Cap One; age them for a year with the objective of upgrading and/or combining the cards at the end of 12 months. 

Thank you once again to each of you for giving me the confidence to start my rebuild on solid footing. It's been a hell of a few years and I finally feel like things are getting better.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: 341 Today

Congrats! I did not know you could apply that soon for a CC.
Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

Congrats! I would tread lightly with obtaining credit while not discharged.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:
Congrats! I did not know you could apply that soon for a CC.

I agree, that is news to my ears.  I was told to not begin rebuild until after my dischage. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it was quite cheeky myself! She said it was more an issue that grantors won't approve than anything else and to never open anything pre-341 meeting. YMMV of course and do not proceed without advice from counsel based on your unique situation. Now, for common sense rebuilding I'm not going app spree myself into a 50 point drop with a bunch of denials, that which I can hardly afford at this point BUT it was pretty rad nonetheless. Im cool with my starter card for 90 days +.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.