cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 hearing scheduled tuesday.... Stressed!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

341 hearing scheduled tuesday.... Stressed!!

I have read so much of these boards (thanks for everyone who has answered my questions and others over the last year or so).... I KNOW that the 341 is generally nothing to worry about but I am seriously freaking out now that it's finally here! We filed our ch7 on July 7 and are schedule 9am Sept 1st. It doesn't even seem real. I haven't been able to sleep because I'm freaking out that something will go wrong. I have been having nightmares that one of our kids gets sick or we are in an accident or have car trouble. Ugh. I even emailed our attorney who was like "calm down. Most of my clients say 'that's it' when it's done..... you probably will to" 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 341 hearing scheduled tuesday.... Stressed!!

Your attorney is right. Relax and breathe. This is only a formality at this point as long as you disclosed everything. After the meeting I hope you will truly be able to get a good nights sleep.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Courtney, I just went through the same thing about 2 weeks ago. i was freaking out but quickly realized that there was nothing to worry. My experience in particular, the first guy that was present didn't have attorney and one of his creditors showed up. The creditor grilled this guy repeatedly about money and eventually let up. Afterwards, the 4 people in front of me got the same 5 or 6 questions. Simple yes or no questions after being sworn in. Mines went the same. To be honest, it probably lasted less than 45 seconds and I was done! Super relieved and laughed about freaking out. So RELAX. It will be easiest 1 -3 minutes of your life! 

Message 3 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You'll be fine, relax. Everyone is nervous... I had TWO 341 meetings.. thankfully no creditors showed up to them. Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 10
notpaul
Regular Contributor

None showed up to mine. If you were honest and open in your filing it will be over before you know it without trouble.
6/15 DC BK7, starting EQ FICO score 563

2/16 FICO EQ 661. TU 653, EX 660
Current CC Accounts: Capital One QS1 500; Overstock 1300; Care Credit 5000; Barclay Rewards MC 1300; JCPenney 3500; Amazon 3500; WalMart 3500; Target 500; PenFed Promise Visa 2000; PenFed CLOC 500; NFCU Flagship 12500; NFCU Platinum 8500; Credit One 1000.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made it through another night. Tomorrow at this time we will be done!! Hoping to sleep better for a while!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Small town drama right now. I live in a small town, like everyone knows everyone. Our hearing is approx 2 hrs from here. Our attorney is from that city. I just looked at the trustee's website (not sure why) and it shows all of the hearings scheduled for tomorrow. At the SAME TIME as ours there is a couple being represented by a local attorney.... an attorney that is close friends to my sisters ex. I know he knows me because he questioned me twice during mediation of their custody. SO.... basically I think that he will tell my sisters ex and he will tell her.... and then guess what?! It won't be a secret that we filed even though we were really trying to keep it quiet. But oh well. I guess it is what it is. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are done!! No issues whatsoever. We also were very very happy to see that the local attorney we know was NOT there.... he had another attorney there to represent his clients. About 3 minutes and no issues. I will sleep tonight!!

Message 8 of 10
EW800
Valued Contributor

Very happy for you! Congratulations!!! 😄
Rest well tonight!!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is awesome! You deserve a great night of sleep. Now comes some time to just breathe while you wait for discharge. Start looking at your reports and make a game plan....after you take a break. )

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.