Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 today

tag
lphillips
Valued Member

341 today

So I had my 341 today....it was very interesting that the US trustee is very interested in my soon to ex-husband's home ( he had 4 years before we got together) and wanted to know if there was equity in the home and had I ever made a payment....she also asked me about when we separated, was he paying child support, why I haven't filed for divorce? I didn't think those questions were important if he is not included in my bankruptcy chapter 7...someone please help me shed some light on this...my attorney says everything went well, she felt like they were just trying to get things on the record....just interested in the thoughts of others...I'm in Texas...

Chapter 7 Discharge: January 2015
Current Scores: FICO: EX: 659 TU: 640 EQ: 640
Virgin American Visa (AU) ($4K); NFCU CashRewards ($2.3k); NFCU nRewards ($5K); NFCU CLOC ($5K); Capital One ($1.5k);
Gardening until April 2017
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: 341 today

@lphillips wrote:

So I had my 341 today....it was very interesting that the US trustee is very interested in my soon to ex-husband's home ( he had 4 years before we got together) and wanted to know if there was equity in the home and had I ever made a payment....she also asked me about when we separated, was he paying child support, why I haven't filed for divorce? I didn't think those questions were important if he is not included in my bankruptcy chapter 7...someone please help me shed some light on this...my attorney says everything went well, she felt like they were just trying to get things on the record....just interested in the thoughts of others...I'm in Texas...

Remember, the trustee represents the creditors and gets a commission for every asset they can find and sell. The commission is substantial (10% of the  sales value IIRC).

The trustee's job is to find assets. This includes income streams and any other asset that can be liquidated to pay your creditors.

I would listen to your attorney (unless he is one of those inexperienced attorney's found in "mill type" Bk firms). Your attorney should be able to guide you through this. In fact, you and he should have already come up with a plan prior to filing to handling these questions. A good Bk attorney anticipates what the trustee will ask prior to ever filing your petition. There should be zero surprises.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.