Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 was today, Trustee was a bit uninformed on federal law

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

341 was today, Trustee was a bit uninformed on federal law

so we got to meet with our Trustee today.  really not too bad of a guy it seemed, however when asking questions, he was very specific about my business... I was without contract for a few months prior to BK, and had signed a new one in May, however its a contract that only pays if I work, and only for the hours that I work.  this was a crappyy situation to be in.. "how much is that contract for, are there terms for extension, blah blah blah" 

I was clear its an at will contract that is only for services rendered, and can be ended at any time by either party.  its more of a payment agreement than anything else.

Hopefully that went over easy.

Oh, and we had a very very funny moment... I manufacture my own fire arms for my own personal use.  in doing so it is unlawful to sell them.  so the conversation went like this

"so you listed you sold some of your fire arms, and kept some, what is the value of those fire arms?"

"nothing"

"nothing?"

"yes nothing, it would be a felony for me to sell them as they are home manufactured and are there for un serialized, and I do not have a license to manufacture firearms for sale"

"is that legal?"

"Yes, Yes it is"

"well... um.... ok then"

thought that was a funny moment.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.