cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

341 was yesterday with continuance, now I am confused.

tag
teddingt
Regular Contributor

341 was yesterday with continuance, now I am confused.

I have searched but can not find anything on 341 being continued ......... Yesterday was my 341 meeting.  I was missing 2 documents recorded deed and my tax return,  I did not give her the correct deed so that was my fault but nowhere on her paperwork request did she ask for my return. (okay rant over)

I filed Pro-Se so I am not sure what happens next and there is no attorney to ask.   If anyone could help that would be great?

Does the continuance mean it will go 30 days past my projected discharge date?

Since I am surrendering my car I understand that normally its 31 days past the 341 to take back, will this give me another 30 days (I have been continued until 8-12-16) plus 31 more before I have to surrender the car?

Lastly, My tax return states I got x amount but there was an offset....... Should I also send a copy of my return transcript?

Thanks in advance.

And for anyone thinking of filing Pro-Se, I am in a smaller area and the trustee did not believe I was able to complete the paperwork myself. She asked me multiple ways how I was able to fill out the paperwork, How I knew what exemptions to claim.  I felt she was basically trying to trip me up thinking I had used a preparer.  But her assistant cracked a huge smile when I replied nolo.com.  I don't think there have been much Pro-Se  in my area. 

re bk
EQ 572 TU 540 EXP 545
Current
EQ 598 TU 556 EXP 557
Discharge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 341 was yesterday with continuance, now I am confused.

The trustee is most likely trying to find errors since they're there for the creditors not you. I would go back and have all your documents, transcripts will work. It's better to be over prepaired than under prepaired. The continuence is due to you not having all the documentation at the first meeting, so they're basically holding off and making you come again with all yoru papers. I would also bring whatever documentation you brought to the 1st meeting, to the 2nd meeting since I bet the person won't remember what you gave them and to just CYA. I'm not an attorney.. but I would assume that the surrender of the car would go from the 2nd 341 meeting since the 1st one wasn't completed. I also wouldn't really put too much into the car issue, since if the creditor wants it they'll call you or something since you're pro-se. Generally in my experience, they tend to forget they need to pick it up until you call them.

Message 2 of 3
teddingt
Regular Contributor

Re: 341 was yesterday with continuance, now I am confused.

Thanks.  I was more curious about the 341 possible extensions. And I have already sent her what she wants and more.

re bk
EQ 572 TU 540 EXP 545
Current
EQ 598 TU 556 EXP 557
Discharge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.