Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Years Post-Filing - 172K Revolving - Good scores

tag
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

4 Years Post-Filing - 172K Revolving - Good scores

Just an update.  I haven't been on here much in the last year or so.

I just passed my four year filing date for my BK7.   I have been pretty consevative in opening new acounts the last two years -- only one or two -- but just applied for a NFCU Visa and got 25K at their lowest rate, 6.99%.   I also increased my Discover limit to 17.5K.  I got my BofA secured card for 1K released and a CLI to 5K.

Ironically, Citibank once again refused me for a SECURED card.  They just hate me.

I also have 58.5K in authorized user accounts but for some reason they only show up on TU.   I need to terminate these as my credit limits are nearly double my income if you include the AU accounts.

Ironically, the 700 FICO has been somewhat elusive.  Even with no inquiries that count (over 1 year), 3% utilization, 5 yrs. AAofA and no new accounts in a year, my scores have mostly been stuck in the 690s, except Equifax, which has been over 700 for a year.   Go figure, eh?   But 700 is just for bragging rights.  680 is the score that's important.

Filing bankruptcy was the smartest move I ever made.   If you think you need to file, you probably do.  Just do it and get on with your life.  Having open collections, charge-offs, late payments will prevent you from getting new credit.  The BK hurts most the first year, less the second year, and after that there are those lenders who won't lend to you until you hit 7 years or while the BK is still reporting (10 years), but the vast majority will lend to you.

Good luck!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4 Years Post-Filing - 172K Revolving - Good scores

Congrats on your successful rebuild. Did you include Citi in you BK?

Message 2 of 3
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: 4 Years Post-Filing - 172K Revolving - Good scores

No, I didn't include Citi or any of their retail partners.   I think they just prefer a much more simple profile with rebuilders.   I think my rebuild has probably scared them off because it's so aggressive.   They will let you back in unsecured at 7 years post-BK with unsecured products.   Since the secured card is 18 months secured, I may have to just wait till 7 years and try again.   They pull from two CRA's and so I've wasted 4 pulls on them so far in the last two years.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.