cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 days after discharge CO platinum 2k CL

tag
BillyJean

4 days after discharge CO platinum 2k CL

Ok so I only applied for this card because they kept sending me offers like every three days.  Anyway my story is like 15 years ago I had one card in college with a 15k limit got out of control went to judgement and since then had been adding interest, I just started using credit cards a year ago which I guess they figured out and garnished my bank account so I decided to file.  I wasted alot of years because I should of filed a long time ago but oh well they did me a favor because even though I was current on all my cards (10) alot of them where no interest and had a balance so everything evened out i guess just wish i did this years ago since my credit was never that good.

Anyway I don't know if I'm shocked to get it because I think it has something to do with me being self employed so they can't verify my income really and my address is still my parents even though I don't live there so maybe the value of their house helps I don't know I was expecting a 300 dollar CL.  Even though capital one was sending me offers to my current address I think because I put self employed and I put I own the home they either are not checking or don't care. Anyway I don't really need credit I just use it for business to buy stuff for clients and it's no issue to pay on time but I wanted to apply for a card where I can get points then I would use the card.

I have not checked my credit yet they told me to wait about a month but credit karma says it's a 550 just wanted to know if there is a number of cards I should try to get for the next two years to boost the score and if there is one with points that BK friendly.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: 4 days after discharge CO platinum 2k CL

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Bankruptcy-friendly-credit-cards/td-p/963456

That thread will give you an idea on who to apply for and when.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go ahead and check your reports now.  Make sure everything that was discharged is showing included in bankruptcy.  Check out the thread Scupra posted and you can also search for soulmasters bk to 700 plan.  Sorry on my tablet I can't copy and paste that well.  Best of luck to you and congrats on your new card!

Message 3 of 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-...

Here ya go!
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.