cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 yrs post BK7 DC today update...time flies!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

4 yrs post BK7 DC today update...time flies!

Hello community! I just realized that today is my offical 4yr DC.  Wow...time flies.

Just seems like like year ago at times to me, and looking back in hindisght, I wish I would have done things a bit differently in my rebuild, but it is what it is.  Lets just say I have a very solid credit report now and for the next 10 yrs from now. LOL Smiley Wink

So, I wont go into specifics of every single store card or major that I obtained over the last 4 yrs, there were tons of them ( I opened/closed several)....I was a super lucky person. I will though give you my current profile as of right now which is very solid. 

Stats....Filed 05/2013, DC 08/2013

Starting scores low to mid 400's.....now (see my siggy). My scores would well be over 700, more so 720-740 range , if it werent for my crazy excessive new accts and INQ holding them down...INQ range from 50-70 depnding on CRA for the last 2 years. Thats a lot of approvals, CLI's, and declines. I dont recommend my type of rebuild to anyone, but it worked for me, wouldnt neccessarily for others.  I already had a very long and strong credit profile before the initial rebuilding and major shot gun app sprees. I have a lot INQ/New accts aging over the next year, so I should start to see bumps in scores, as long as I can keep my future INQ to a bare minimum. 

TOTAL REVOLVING CREDIT (without AU)    

$273k +....I also keep my overall reporting utiliazation between 1-2% at all times, and I now let between 1-3 cc report a small balance (testing the waters)

CURRENT CARDS ...(MAJORS)

Captial One Venture Visa $48k (thanks to combining limits)

NFCU cash rewards Visa - $25k

NFCU Plat Visa -$17.5k

Nordstrom Visa - $17.5k

Sam's MC $15k

Stash Visa - $12k

Discover it -$7.3k

Barclay Arrival MC- $7k

Penfed CU Cash rewards Visa -$5k

Blispay Visa - $5k

Discover Miles - $4.5k

Chase Amazon Visa - $3k

Alliant  CU Plat Visa  - $500

CURRENT CARDS ...(STORE)

Pottery Barn - $36.3k

Macy's - $25k

Bloomingdale's - $25k

Home Depot - $15k

Tiffany & CO - $ 4k (hidden TL)

Target - $800

PLOC AND LOC..

NFCU CLOC - $15k

Penfed CU PLOC - $5k

AU ACCOUNTS   (I dont need any AU accts with my profile, this is just for experimental purposes only with a certain lender)

AMEX ED - $28k

MY CREDIT GOALS FOR THE FUTURE

Next year on my 5yr  mark, I will try for USAA, Amex (my own), US Bank, Citibank (legacy), and a few others I'm sure,  plus CLI's on a couple of current cards. LOL 

Im sure as time goes on, I will tweek my profile fazing out a few store cards, and as I add the majors I really want, Ill close a few of them too. My profile is always a work in progress lol Smiley Happy

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THEIR REBUILD!! Smiley Happy

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 4 yrs post BK7 DC today update...time flies!

@pizza1 wrote:

Hello community! I just realized that today is my offical 4yr DC.  Wow...time flies.

Just seems like like year ago at times to me, and looking back in hindisght, I wish I would have done things a bit differently in my rebuild, but it is what it is.  Lets just say I have a very solid credit report now and for the next 10 yrs from now. LOL Smiley Wink

So, I wont go into specifics are every single store card or major that I obtained over the last 4 yrs, there were tons of them....I was a super lucky person. I will though give you my current profile as of right now which is very solid. 

Stats....Filed 05/2013, DC 08/2013

Starting scores low to mid 400's.....now (see my siggy). My scores would well be over 700, more so 720-740 range , if it werent for my crazy excessive new accts and INQ holding them down...INQ range from 50-70 depnding on CRA for the last 2 years. Thats a lot of approvals, CLI's, and declines. I dont recommend my type of rebuild to anyone, but it worked for me, wouldnt neccessarily for others.  I already had a very long and strong credit profile before the initial rebuilding and major shot gun app sprees. I have a lot INQ/New accts aging over the next year, so I should start to see bumps in scores, as long as I can keep my future INQ to a bare minimum. 

TOTAL REVOLVING CREDIT (without AU)   $273k +

CURRENT CARDS ...(MAJORS)

Captial One Venture Visa $48k (thanks to combining limits)

NFCU cash rewards Visa - $25k

NFCU Plat Visa -$17.5k

Nordstrom Visa - $17.5k

Sam's MC $15k

Stash Visa - $12k

Discover it -$7.3k

Barclay Arrival MC- $7k

Penfed CU Cash rewards Visa -$5k

Blispay Visa - $5k

Discover Miles - $4.5k

Chase Amazon Visa - $3k

Alliant  CU Plat Visa  - $500

CURRENT CARDS ...(STORE)

Pottery Barn - $36.3k

Macy's - $25k

Bloomingdale's - $25k

Home Depot - $15k

Tiffany & CO - $ 4k (hidden TL)

Target - $800

PLOC AND LOC..

NFCU CLOC - $15k

Penfed CU PLOC - $5k

AU ACCOUNTS   (I dont need any AU accts with my profile, this is just for experimental purposes only with a certain lender)

AMEX ED - $28k

MY CREDIT GOALS FOR THE FUTURE

Next year on my 5yr  mark, I will try for USAA, Amex (my own), US Bank, Citibank (legacy), and a few others I'm sure,  plus CLI's on a couple of current cards. LOL 

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THEIR REBUILD!! Smiley Happy

Really nice CLs and cards! Time does fly. My Ch7 was DC 10/2010; looking forward to 10/2020 but will try removals on 6/2020.  I think at this point, I'm happy where i am with credit ($92K).  I'm sure after BK falls, i can easly reach $100k and will stay there as i would not need more.  No plans on applying for anything, ever, unless it's really necessary OR USAA releases the limitless Visa in California.

Well done pizza1 

Message 2 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

Such an amazing rebuild Pizza! I will go ahead and start the 1 year timer for your Amex application, I'm not excited for you or anything Smiley Very Happy

You said it best.. Your style rebuild may not be for everyone, but it sure did work for you! That is the great part about credit, there is no singular correct way. With the forums we get to see multiple different styles and choose what works best for us. I have NO doubts you would be well into the 700's now either. Thank you for sharing your progress and cheers to 5 years soon!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

Message 4 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

Such an amazing rebuild Pizza! I will go ahead and start the 1 year timer for your Amex application, I'm not excited for you or anything Smiley Very Happy

You said it best.. Your style rebuild may not be for everyone, but it sure did work for you! That is the great part about credit, there is no singular correct way. With the forums we get to see multiple different styles and choose what works best for us. I have NO doubts you would be well into the 700's now either. Thank you for sharing your progress and cheers to 5 years soon!

Thanks Scupra! My timer is going now! LOL..actually 10 months..(file date mid 05/2013) Smiley Wink 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Pizza....just to save you a potential lost HP.....apply in June vs May.

I was approved 1 month after my 5yr vs the exact 5yr. 

Message 6 of 9
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Yep, that was my plan. My first plan originally was to apply next September,  5 yrs +1 mo after my DC. But then I started seeing approvals post File date, and of course you know Ill try it! I definitely want a better chance, and applying in June would definitely ensure that. Smiley Happy  Thanks for the reminder/tip! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Yep, that was my plan. My first plan originally was to apply next September,  5 yrs +1 mo after my DC. But then I started seeing approvals post File date, and of course you know Ill try it! I definitely want a better chance, and applying in June would definitely ensure that. Smiley Happy  Thanks for the reminder/tip! Smiley Happy

Yes!! 5 years and +1 month seems to be the (ok with trust you with credit again) mark. 

My ch7 was DC on 10/2010 and approved for my first round of AMEX cards on 2015 and others.

Good luck!!

Message 8 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

Thanks Scupra! My timer is going now! LOL..actually 10 months..(file date mid 05/2013) Smiley Wink 

Perfect, my bday is in June. We will throw a double party for Bday and Amex approval. You have to bring the Pizza though Smiley Wink

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.