importsunlimitedllc

6 month Post Chapter 7 bk, Cant get approved for Cap1

I have done lots of research on the site, but I am not sure which route to take. I was discharged 6 months ago, chapter 7. my fico via this site says its 622. I burned amex, barclays, capital 1, discover. Everyone seems to say to try for a cap1, I tired 3 times spread out over the past few months, and was denied each time. I cant get access to nfcu, what step should I take next.

Established Contributor
SoulMaster

Re: 6 month Post Chapter 7 bk, Cant get approved for Cap1

Have you read the 7 to 700 thread?  Do you have anything in your wallet that's building history? Do you have a credit builder loan?  Did you try the CapOne pre-approval site, or did you straight apply for their card?

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of 3/15/14 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 729.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
importsunlimitedllc

I read the 700 thread, but cant seem to get started on his first cap 1 card rule and so forth, and dont know what other cards to apply for, All I have right now is first premier unsecured with 300 limit.

importsunlimitedllc

For cap1 I used the preapproval and app.

Established Contributor
SoulMaster

Get the credit builder loan ASAP, you have no "mix of credit" and wait for that FP card to age a touch.  Also, make sure your reports are 100% accurate as far as IIB/$0 balance.  Other than the credit builder, don't app for anything else and try again in 2-3 mo. (pre-approval site).  

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of 3/15/14 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 729.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}