cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 months post bk and a collection.

tag
VegasAdmin

7 months post bk and a collection.

I have a question about something. I have done extensive research and mixed info has come of it. 

BK Discharged 2/2013

I have a floating debt in collections from ECMC10/2007, It will drop 10/14 says experien.

They are trying to turn a 3000 debt into almost 12000. for accessed fees trying to locate me. LOL IVE LIVED IN THE SAME HOUSE All my life. Havent left. same number since 15... im 28 now.

My question is should I wait until it drops to pay from my credit report ... then settle for the principle 2400 ... maybe plus interest .... 600. ?

These guys are complete Aholes!!!!!

Every time I try to talk to them they tell me they will garnish my wages ... they will garnish my taxes. I am a independent contractor ... I turn in my taxes at the end of the year and pay them. Cannot garnish 0. Cannot garnish my wages because once again its 0 till the end of the year. 

I am not opposed paying my loan. I used it and owe it plain and simple. I didnt file hardship on BK well bc my attorney obviously wasnt good enough  ?

I guess my question is I wait a year ... THEN pay it off when it drops ... will it cause it to pop back up as settled for less than since it will have a new status ? 

Thanks in advanced. Ive been working SUPER hard to fix my credit and everything has gone perfectly except this one small stupid loan. 

The ECMC said that I would have to make 4-500 a month payments for 12 months to rehab my loan. I could have it paid off  in roughly 4 to 5 years ... This sucks soo bad. they even said they would charge an addition 20% processing fee for the rehab program. Everytime I try to pay a bigger hole is dug. 

PLEASE HELP!  any advice is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

Re: 7 months post bk and a collection.

Is this debt a student loan?

I'm asking because I have a small student loan ($5000) that was put on hold throughout the course of my Ch 13 and was held by ECMC with no payment due.  Once my Ch 13 was discharged the original lender (Sallie Mae) bought back the loan and I am back to paying them monthly.

http://www.ecmc.org

Is this who you are dealing with?

Message 2 of 5
VegasAdmin

Yes that is them. The loan has been sold to them sincei defaulted. They are charging me fees for trying to take the money out of my bank and trying to get money from the irs and trying to get money from a non existant boss. 

Like I said I dont mind paying on the loan ... bot not the almost triple collection fee . its dropping in a year i dont know if i settle it off if it will reage. 

Message 3 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I'd let the clock run out on it unless you are planning some financial event during that time and would benefit from paying it.

Message 4 of 5
VegasAdmin

my fear is that in 6 years from now they come after something I own ... 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.