Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A home after Chapter Seven. Question:

tag
camille11
New Contributor

A home after Chapter Seven. Question:

Has anyone filed Chapter 7 BK, and gotten a home in two years or less?  I want this to happen so bad for us.  I have filed last week, so I am just getting started with this whole process.  I do have three credit cards I kept... I only filed Chapter 7 on a business that failed in 2009. 

Also, I still have a mortgage on my home, and two cars with three years left to pay on both.  All my credit cards have been paid on time since 2009, as has my home, and the cars we purchased last year.  So...I'm not actually starting all over, but I do know this will affect my credit.  I was just wondering with having the good credit I have had since the business failed, if it's at least feasible to think in two years I may be able to get a mortgage on a new home.  Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: A home after Chapter Seven. Question:

Please clarify.

Your current own a home but plan to file bankruptcy and then buy a 2nd home two years down the line? What is happeing with your current home and mortgage? You will get better responses/feedback if you provide more/clearer information.

Message 2 of 3
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: A home after Chapter Seven. Question:

In addition to what ezdriver asked... Are you sure you filed a personal bankruptcy?  If so, those credit cards were included.  So were your cars and mortgage.

Did you use an attorney?

I'm really confused here.  Any clarifications would be great and I'm sure we're all happy to help.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.