cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED FOR DISCOVER IT CASH REWARDS CARD!

tag
ESimmons

APPROVED FOR DISCOVER IT CASH REWARDS CARD!

Bankruptcy was discharged 11/16/17 and I was approved for Credit One SL $500 the day before I was discharged from chapter 7. A month later I was approved for unsecured DISCOVER IT cash rewards card with SL of $1.4k! There is hope. In April I plan on applying for the barclay rewards card. 

After I filed bankruptcy my credit scores were in the mid-500s all across the board . I have been working diligently to make sure my credit profile was clean and reporting correctly. According to Credit Karma my Transunion was 649 and EQ-660 EX-643 before I apped for the discover card. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPROVED FOR DISCOVER IT CASH REWARDS CARD!

@ESimmons wrote:

Bankruptcy was discharged 11/16/17 and I was approved for Credit One SL $500 the day before I was discharged from chapter 7. A month later I was approved for unsecured DISCOVER IT cash rewards card with SL of $1.4k! There is hope. In April I plan on applying for the barclay rewards card. 

After I filed bankruptcy my credit scores were in the mid-500s all across the board . I have been working diligently to make sure my credit profile was clean and reporting correctly. According to Credit Karma my Transunion was 649 and EQ-660 EX-643 before I apped for the discover card. 

Congrats!  My BK7 discharged in 8/2017 and Discover will only approve me for a secured card.  What were your FICO scores?  CK reports FAKO scores.

Message 2 of 6
ESimmons

@Anonymous wrote:

@ESimmons wrote:

Congrats!  My BK7 discharged in 8/2017 and Discover will only approve me for a secured card.  What were your FICO scores?  CK reports FAKO scores.

I only have FICO for my experian and its 648. I actually did a prequal for Discover a day  before I was to be discharged and I was denied any offers.. They sent me a letter in the mail stating that I had to many credit obligations as some of my accounts weren't reporting correctly after I filed chp 7 (the letter stated my equifax was 600 at the time). I cleaned up my credit and my EQ went up almost 80 pts. I did another prequal a few weeks later and I was pre approved for a secured card from discover but I didn't app for this offer right away....so I waited until I hit a month after discharge and I was preapproved for the discover it cash card or the chrome card....and was approved. 

Message 3 of 6
nykos5000
Regular Contributor

@ESimmons wrote:

When you apply for Barclays...make sure it's the Apple Rewards Card as their Cash Forward Card is really hard to get post BK. I tried several times with denials and tried for the Apple Rewards once and was approve instantly. 

BK7 08/2016 | DC 12/2016

Message 4 of 6
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!!! assume you didn’t burn Discover in your bankruptcy? That’s one card I’m going to miss a lot. I loved my IT card and the revolving 5% categories Smiley Sad . No idea when or if they will let me back in but probably not for a while. I burned them for $1800..

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 5 of 6
ESimmons

@Kb109 wrote:

Congrats!!!! assume you didn’t burn Discover in your bankruptcy? That’s one card I’m going to miss a lot. I loved my IT card and the revolving 5% categories Smiley Sad . No idea when or if they will let me back in but probably not for a while. I burned them for $1800..

No I didn't burn them in bankruptcy. I just burned capital one for about $2K between my QS1 and Journey. I was surprised discover approved me for credit so soon but I think it's b/c my bankruptcy isn't reporting on my EQ profile. When do you think I should request for a CL increase for discover?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.