cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED for AMEX less than 6 months after discharge!!!

tag
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Re: APPROVED for AMEX less than 6 months after discharge!!!

@luxeprw9 wrote:

I forgot to ask  - did your "Member Since" date show from your previous account?  Mine did - my card shows "Member Since 2000".  I hate that I missed the back dating on CR.  Oh well.   I plan to app sometime in the distance future for a charge card and hope to get backdated as well.  I had a green, gold and platinum back in the early 90's.

I'm not sure.  How do I find out?  I haven't gotten my card yet.  If so, it would definitely say, "Member since 1990-something."

When I was approved for the card, it allowed me to set up my online account immediately after.  And from there I saw that it shows as "Member Since 2000".  Now that I have my card it says it there as well.

Just looked at my shiny, new AMEX BCE...member since 17.  No backdating for me but I'm just happy to have it!

Message 21 of 25
Scupra
Super Contributor

Congrats again greenthums!!!!
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 22 of 25
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

I forgot to ask  - did your "Member Since" date show from your previous account?  Mine did - my card shows "Member Since 2000".  I hate that I missed the back dating on CR.  Oh well.   I plan to app sometime in the distance future for a charge card and hope to get backdated as well.  I had a green, gold and platinum back in the early 90's.

I'm not sure.  How do I find out?  I haven't gotten my card yet.  If so, it would definitely say, "Member since 1990-something."

When I was approved for the card, it allowed me to set up my online account immediately after.  And from there I saw that it shows as "Member Since 2000".  Now that I have my card it says it there as well.

Just looked at my shiny, new AMEX BCE...member since 17.  No backdating for me but I'm just happy to have it!

Congrats again!

I think it may have to do with the product.  If your previous card was a charge card, the backdating may only apply when you get a another charge card.  I had a previous revolver with AMEX, although I cannot remember the name (maybe Optima) and that is why my relationship shows the 2000 date.  Well, I still missed the actual backdating on the credit report which is far more beneficial than what is printed on the card.

We seem to have similar BK timeline, and I am so tempted to apply for a Chase card.  But I'm super concerned with the number of inquiries on my report and I really don't want to go thru the whole recon thing if I get denied.  Also, I don't need a Disney card.  AND I foolishly apped for a Citibank card and was denied.  Are you going to app for anything else or wait until you BK drops off next year?

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 23 of 25
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@luxeprw9 wrote:

Congrats again!

I think it may have to do with the product.  If your previous card was a charge card, the backdating may only apply when you get a another charge card.  I had a previous revolver with AMEX, although I cannot remember the name (maybe Optima) and that is why my relationship shows the 2000 date.  Well, I still missed the actual backdating on the credit report which is far more beneficial than what is printed on the card.

We seem to have similar BK timeline, and I am so tempted to apply for a Chase card.  But I'm super concerned with the number of inquiries on my report and I really don't want to go thru the whole recon thing if I get denied.  Also, I don't need a Disney card.  AND I foolishly apped for a Citibank card and was denied.  Are you going to app for anything else or wait until you BK drops off next year?

@luxeprw9

I think you're right.  I did have a charge card, not a revolver.  

@Anonymous do seem to have a lot of similarities:  BK 13 discharged same month, our scores are similar.  I also got a car loan with WFDS.  Mine was $32,000+ @2.99% and was approved just over a week after I got my DC (and just in time since my 13-year-old car was on its last legs).  Like I mentioned somewhere on the forums, I IIB Chase, BOA, NFCU, and Discover.  Before my app spree this month, my inquiries were:  EQ 2, TU 3, EX 2.  It was actually more, but when I bought my car, the dealerships shotgunned my credit and I got a lot of inquiries.  BUT, to my understanding, since they're all similar to each other (auto lenders) they're coded as 1 inquiry.  After my app spree this month, my inq are now EQ 5, TU 4, EX 5.  

In my siggy you can see the cards I currently have and they really were the cards I wanted to have.  We are trying to refi our home loan when the BK drops off our reports so I don't see that I'll be apping for anything more in the next two years (though the BK falls off 4/2018).  THOUGH, that being said, the Discover IT card is one I wouldn't mind having because of the 5% rotating categories.  But I don't think they'll be so forgiving as I burned them for $6,000.  

Message 24 of 25
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

I forgot to mention that Chase double pulled EQ and EX.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.