Did you mean: 

?? About what to do next

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: ?? About what to do next

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@krielly wrote:

You didn't mention your usage on your existing cards? What are your balances, if any?

VS Zero balance... Maurcies $220 balance & Masercard is maxed at $500.  I will be paying  half of the balance of the Maurices next week.

Glad krielly asked! I would get those balances paid down before doing anything Smiley Happy All cards at $0 besides one showing less than 10% util.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 11 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@krielly wrote:

You didn't mention your usage on your existing cards? What are your balances, if any?

VS Zero balance... Maurcies $220 balance & Masercard is maxed at $500.  I will be paying  half of the balance of the Maurices next week.

this is your problem right there. Youre at 72% overall util with your 3 CC's reporting. $720/$1000=72% util. Thats killing your scores. 

You want all your cards at a $0 bal, EXCEPT for one , and that ONE cc to report between 1-9% util. That alone will bring up your scores. Also, youre getting dinged by fico for having a maxxed at card. For your file that is so thin right now, you want to maximize as much as possible. I played this game for 6 months post BKas well.  until you starting adding more cards to your file, which  will automatically drop your overall util, you want to want the FICO game....Smiley Wink 

Once you get your Maurices card paid off like you said...that will drop your overall util down to 50% from 72%, and as you continue paying on that card, your util will come down, making your scores go up. 

Message 12 of 13
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@Cheryla18 wrote:

@krielly wrote:

this is your problem right there. Youre at 72% overall util with your 3 CC's reporting. $720/$1000=72% util. Thats killing your scores. 

You want all your cards at a $0 bal, EXCEPT for one , and that ONE cc to report between 1-9% util. That alone will bring up your scores. Also, youre getting dinged by fico for having a maxxed at card. For your file that is so thin right now, you want to maximize as much as possible. I played this game for 6 months post BKas well.  until you starting adding more cards to your file, which  will automatically drop your overall util, you want to want the FICO game....Smiley Wink 

Once you get your Maurices card paid off like you said...that will drop your overall util down to 50% from 72%, and as you continue paying on that card, your util will come down, making your scores go up. 

Good info. I will wait to app for any more CC and get these paid down.

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.