Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Numbers

tag
bshockley1981
New Contributor

Account Numbers

Hello all, had a question on account numbers.  Pulled my free credit reports and it only give partial account numbers on the credit reports, partially masked.   Do I need the whole number to file or is the partial good enough? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

Re: Account Numbers

I believe my lawyer pulled my reports and used the partial numbers, he also used the adresses of creditors and my info.

Someone elese will chime in.

BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I filed a few weeks ago, the account number wasnt needed..only the address.

Message 3 of 5
nomadicpixie
Valued Member

For the credit card accounts they are often the same 16 digit code on the actual cards. Compare them if you still have the physical cards. The other way I found them was checking old emails - they often include part of the account number in the email (and typically a different part than the credit reports did). 

When I filed I had to have the account numbers, name and address of the creditor, as well as any debt collector or lawyer that had bought the debt. The biggest challenge in filing was finding all of that information. I had buried my head in the sand when we started defaulting so I didn't have a list of accounts or account numbers. Be smart, make a list before you lose account access!

Rebuilding from BK 7
EQ-554 TU-567 EX-542 ~ Day of Filing (2/2017)
EQ-559 TU-496 EX-510 ~ Day of Discharge (6/2017)
EQ-696 TU-677 EX-679 ~ Current (4/18)
Credit One, Merrick, Paypal, Overstock, Pottery Barn, NFCU Secured & CapOne
Live, learn, and overcome
Message 4 of 5
Kaydee84
New Contributor

My lawyer asked for partial account numbers for bank account numbers. I'm guessing for credit cards she used my credit report.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.