Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account included in BK appear on credit report

tag
lcochran3
Established Member

Account included in BK appear on credit report

Hello all - I had an account with Victorias Secret that was included in a Chapter 13 BK in 2005. I completed BK in 2009. After pulling my CRs I see Victorias Secret  reporting this as a bad account that was closed at the grantors request. Should this be on my report since it was in BK and I completed the Chapter 13? Kind of makes me mad.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: Account included in BK appear on credit report

What was your Date of First Delinquency?

I'm guessing it's before 2005.  If so, I'd despute on the grounds that it's past the SOL to report and get the whole TL removed.  Anything 7.5 years old should be gone.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 2 of 3
lcochran3
Established Member

Re: Account included in BK appear on credit report

I'm very confused by it. On Experian it shows 24 times late - March 2011 - 2013. Account was discharged in 2009 through Chapter 13 (although that information doesn't show up on Experian).  Obviously it shouldnt be reporting as 24 late payments!

On TU it reports as no lates, last activity 2005, closed in 2009, but under description it says "Chapter 13".

Just a little unsure how to go about disputing. Do I need to include a copy of bankruptcy judgement to EX? Do I just need to make a request to remove from TU?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.