Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounts included in BK re aged?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Accounts included in BK re aged?

I've been disputing the reporting of a couple credit card companies that were included in BK and discharged in 2010.

After 3 attempts, I finally got them to put "included in bankruptcy" with a zero balance but one (USAA) has my date of last pmt as 7/2015 and another is charged off with a date of last pmt of 2012 and ANOTHER account with the same company (NFCU) has me with a pmt amount of $105 a month! They also have the status as "payment plan"

All of these were included and discharged in May 2010 with only 1 late pmt the month before that....I keep disputing them but they won't update anything other than the included in bankruptcy with no balance!

It it only these two companies that I'm having an issue with getting it updated correctly after disputing THREE times now and it's still not right? Help! Can they report like this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Accounts included in BK re aged?

How did you dispute these? In writing or verbally?  If you did it in writing, then contact your attorney as it is a violation of the discharge injunction. If you attorney won't take the case, then contact a consumer attorney that is familiar with creditors that ignore US Bankruptcy court documents. You will end up with not only corrected tradelines, but $$$ too. Also they would have to pay your attorney fees. 

You can try reporting them to the CFPB too - if you don't want to go down the lawsuit road. But I bet one letter from a good consumer attorney would get them to correct their reporting.

Message 2 of 3
BrianKill
Valued Member

Re: Accounts included in BK re aged?

Have you been disputing with the CRA's or have you been contacting NFCU directly?  If it has been with the CRA's, I would send a letter to Navy explaining the situation and asking them to correct the reporting.  It is kind of like a goodwill letter, but you should give them a chance to fix the problem if you haven't asked them directly.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.